1. King George V and Queen Mary had how many children?
6 (George VI, Edward VIII, Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, Prince George, Duke of Kent and Prince John)
2. In which year was the Gunpowder Plot?
3. Which of Adolf Hitler’s cabinet held the post of ‘Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda’?
4. Who resigned as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom on 22nd May 1923 due to ill health?
Andrew Bonar Law
5. Which American political protest took place on December 16th 1773?
Boston Tea Party
6. Who did Ronald Reagan succeed as President of the USA?
7. Which former British colony gained independence on 15th August 1947?
8. Which Scottish monarch was convicted of treason and was beheaded at Fotheringhay Castle in Northamptonshire on the 8th February 1587?
Mary I (of Scotland)/Mary Queen of Scots
9. On which date was Queen Elizabeth II born?
21st April 1926
10. What was the name of the galleon in which Sir Francis Drake circumnavigated the globe between 1577 and 1580?
The Golden Hind