1. What does the ‘J.M.W’ stand for in the name of artist J.M.W. Turner?
Joseph Mallord William
2. Whose works include ‘The Persistence of Memory’ and ‘Swans Reflecting Elephants’?
3. ‘A thing of beauty is a joy forever…’ These are opening lines by which famous poet?
4. ‘The Sellout’ was the Man Booker Prize-winning title of 2016. Who wrote it?
5. ‘The Accident’ (2014), ‘The Lie’ (2015) and ‘The Missing’ (2016) are all novels by which British author?
6. What colour is the coat mentioned in the opening line of ‘The Ballad of Reading Gaol’ by Oscar Wilde?
Scarlet (He did not wear his scarlet coat, for blood and wine are red…)
7. ‘The Owl and the Pussycat’ were looking for a ring so that they could be married. Where did they find one?
In the end of a pig’s nose (And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose,)
8. ‘The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui’ by Bertolt Brecht is a satirical allegory of the rise to power of which political figure?
9. What is the name of the town in which ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ is set?
10. Who has written children’s books entitled ‘Gangsta Granny’ and ‘Grandpa’s Great Escape’?