Eighties Quiz – Below are ten events from the 1980s, one from each year. But which event occurred in which year?
1. Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean won Gold at the Sarajevo Winter Olympic Games.
2. Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer were married at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
3. The first ever BBC ‘Red Nose Day’ raised over £15 million.
4. A huge fire destroyed parts of Alexandra Palace, London.
5. Clive Sinclair’s ‘Sinclair C5’ was both launched and ceased production after just seven months.
6. Prince William was born.
7. Terry Waite was taken hostage in Beirut whilst attempting to negotiate with the Islamic Jihad Organisation.
8. The Christmas Day episode of ‘EastEnders’ attracted record audiences as Den Watts served wife Angie with divorce papers.
9. The ‘Guildford 4’ were released from prison after their convictions were quashed by the High Court.
10. It became mandatory for drivers and front-seat passengers to wear a seatbelt in vehicles.
To download the Eighties Quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: