1. Which Austrian symbolist painter’s works include ‘The Three Ages of Woman’, ‘Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I’ and ‘The Kiss’?
2. In which Shakespearean play does the character of Shylock appear?
The Merchant of Venice
3. Which Mexican painter, who was married to fellow artist Frida Kahlo, helped to establish the Mexican mural movement and painted murals in numerous cities in Mexico and the USA?
4. What is the name of the first book written by J.K. Rowling that was specifically aimed at adults?
The Casual Vacancy
5. Which American children’s author has enjoyed great success with his ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ series?
6. How many golden tickets were there in Roald Dahl’s 1964 children’s story ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’?
7. In which city was the English Romanticist painter J.M.W. Turner born?
8. Cyan is a shade of which primary colour?
9. In which two cities is the Charles Dickens novel ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ set?
London and Paris
10. Which American science-fiction author also held the post Professor of Biochemistry at Boston University after he was honoured in 1979?