Quiz 110 – Round 2 – The Noughties
Ten events from the noughties – one from each year, 2000 – 2009. Which event was in which year?
1. Dr. Harold Shipman was sentenced to life imprisonment after being found guilty of murdering fifteen patients in the Greater Manchester area.
2. The Summer Olympic Games were held in Athens, Greece.
3. TV personality Jade Goody passed away from cervical cancer.
4. The ‘Foot and Mouth’ crisis began in the United Kingdom.
5. David Cameron was elected as leader of the Conservative Party.
6. The newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium opened its doors to the public for the first time.
7. Princess Margaret died after suffering a stroke at the age of 71.
8. ‘Top Gear’ presenter Richard Hammond suffered a serious brain injury after crashing a jet-powered car during filming.
9. Northern Rock was nationalised by the British government.
10. The M6 Toll motorway opened.
To download the ‘Noughties Quiz’ as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: