1. Mace comes from the same tree as which other spice?
Nutmeg (Both are derived from the seeds of the Myristica franrans tree)
2. What was the captain’s response to a request for wine in the Eagles hit ‘Hotel California’?
We haven’t had that spirit here since 1969
3. What do the French call a cake shop?
4. Blue Curaçao is flavoured with the rind of a fruit found on the island of Curaçao – but what is the name of that fruit?
5. What would you be eating if you ordered ‘huevos’ in Spain?
6. An Indian dish including ‘paneer’ would have what ingredient?
A type of cheese
7. What is a bain-marie?
A piece of equipment used for keeping food warm in a water-bath.
8. Which item of food did young Pip steal from home to give to the convict Magwitch in ‘Great Expectations’?
A pork pie
9. What is added to brandy to make a ‘sidecar’ cocktail?
Cointreau (or Grand Marnier, triple sec, or other orange liqueur)
10. Asahi lager is brewed in which country?