1. In which city did Anne Frank live and write her diary during World War II?
2. Which famous German fighter pilot was shot down and killed on 21st April 1918?
Manfred, Baron von Richthofen (The Red Baron)
3. Who was President of the United States when the National Prohibition Act was passed in 1919?
Woodrow Wilson (The act was passed by Congress, despite his veto.)
4. Genghis Khan was the Great Khan and founder of which empire?
5. Who initiated a series of railway timetables and travel guide books in 1839, one of which is used by Michael Portillo in his “Great British Railway Journeys”?
6. Who became Israel’s fourth and first female Prime Minister in March 1969?
7. Which is the oldest university in Scotland?
University of St Andrews
8. Which Australian soprano was known as “La Stupenda”?
Dame Joan Sutherland
9. In which year was Nelson Mandela released from prison?
10. Who succeeded Richard III as King of England in 1485?