1. The Vedas are a large body of scriptures of which religion?
2. “O Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder consider all the world Thy hands have made…” These are the opening words of which Christian hymn?
How Great Thou Art
3. Shinto is an ethnic religion of the people of which country?
4. The most important Muslim practices are known as the ‘Pillars of Islam’ – how many are there?
5. The name ‘Kaur’ is a mandatory surname for all female baptised Sikhs – how does it translate into English?
6. Joseph Smith, Jr. was a religious leader and founder of which religious movement?
Mormonism and the Latter Day Saint movement
7. Who was the Greek god of war?
8. Which religion of Chinese origin has a name which can be translated as ‘the way’ or ‘the path’ and is traditionally believed to have been founded by Laozi?
9. Which religion was founded in ancient Iran approximately 3500 years ago?
10. ‘Sri Harmandir Sahib’ in Amritsar, often referred to as ‘The Golden Temple’, is the holiest building of which religion?