1. Which British author’s books include ‘Atonement’, ‘Enduring Love’, ‘On Chesil Beach’ and ‘Solar’?
2. In which Charles Dickens novel do the characters of Josiah Bounderby, Louisa Gradgrind and Sissy Jupe appear?
3. The architect Walter Gropius founded which influential art school in Germany in 1919?
4. Which famous work by George Eliot was first published in eight instalments with the subtitle ‘A Study of Provincial Life’?
5. Which Italian artist painted ‘The Birth of Venus’ in the mid-1480s as far as can be ascertained?
6. Which fictional detective lived and worked in flat 203 at 56B Whitehaven Mansions?
7. From which Shakespeare play does the quote “Is this a dagger which I see before me?” come?
8. What nationality was Rembrandt?
9. Which British artist produced the 1991 work ‘The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living’?
Damien Hirst (A tiger shark preserved in formaldehyde)
10. How many lines are there in a Shakespearean sonnet?