1. ‘Call me Ishmael’ are the opening words of which work of literature?
2. What was Miss Marple’s first name?
3. In which play do Lady Bracknell’s words “A handbag?!” come from?
The Importance of Being Ernest – Oscar Wilde
4. Hans Holbein the Younger was a prominent painter during the reign of which King of England?
5. Who was the Greek goddess of Love and Beauty?
6. In which Roald Dahl book does Grandma grow so big that her head breaks through the roof of the house?
George’s Marvellous Medicine
7. Who wrote ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’?
8. John Constable painted the Hay Wain – but his inspiration came from a scene in which English County?
9. Who painted ‘The Laughing Cavalier’?
10. Which British Prime Minister was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature?
Sir Winston Churchill (1953)
To download the Art and Literature quiz questions as a PDF question paper for contestants, please click on the grey box below: