Halloween Quiz – Round 2 – TV and Film
In true Halloween style, this week’s questions are all about horror films.
1. In Alfred Hitchcock’s 1960 film ‘Psycho’, what is the name of the character who is stabbed in the famous shower scene?
Marion Crane (played by Janet Leigh)
2. Which 2002 horror film tells the story of a mysterious videotape which appears to cause the death of anyone who watches it within a week?
3. In which year was film of ‘The Exorcist’ released?
4. Who played Freddy Krueger in the ‘Nightmare On Elm Street’ films?
5. How many ‘Alien’ films have there been?
Four (Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection)
6. Which 1920 silent German horror film tells the story of a somnambulist who sleeps in a coffin-shaped box and is controlled hypnotically?
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari)
7. Frank Langella played which eponymous character in a 1979 film?
8. In which 1982 horror film did Carol Anne start talking to the television set?
9. Courtney Cox played a news reporter in which horror film franchise?
10. Which was the first film to be based on a Stephen King novel?