1. What is the collective noun for a group of witches?
2. Which band had a number one hit in 1981 with ‘Ghost Town’?
3. What are the first twelve words of Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’, spoken by the first witch?
When shall we three meet again, in thunder, lightning or in rain?
4. What is the title of the famous 1971 supernatural horror novel by William Peter Blatty which he adapted into film for a 1973 release?
5. What is the first name of Mrs Munster, Herman Munster’s wife?
6. Who wrote ‘The Worst Witch’ series of children’s books?
7. Of which animal is ophidiophobia, or ophiophobia, the fear?
8. In which century did the Salem Witch Trials take place in colonial Massachusetts?
17th century (1692-1693)
9. Which Hungarian-American actor was famous for playing Count Dracula in the 1931 film?
10. Poltergeist is a German word used in English to describe a ghost responsible for physical disturbances. How does this word translate into English?
Noisy ghost/noisy spirit (‘poltern’ means ‘to crash about’ in German and ‘Geist’ means ‘ghost’ or ‘spirit’)
To download the Halloween Quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with printed questions only plus spaces for answers, please click on the grey box below: