Halloween Music Quiz
1. Which supernatural creature gave the Cranberries a 1994 hit and a ‘Best Song’ award at the 1995 MTV Europe Music Awards?
2. In which year was Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ released as a single?
1984 (The video was released at the end of 1983, the single wasn’t released until 1984)
3. Who recorded the 1962 novelty song ‘Monster Mash’?
Bobby (Boris) Pickett
4. Who ‘Went Down To Georgia’, according to the Charlie Daniels Band?
5. Which band reached number one in the UK singles charts in 1986 with a cover version of Norman Greenbaum’s ‘Spirit in the Sky’?
Doctor and the Medics
6. On which Rolling Stones album would you find the track ‘Sympathy for the Devil’?
7. Who recorded the original Ghostbusters theme tune?
Ray Parker Jr.
8. Which spider gave Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora a 2014 hit?
9. In which musical would you find the songs ‘Over at the Frankenstein Place’, ‘Super Heroes’ and ‘Science Fiction/Double Feature’?
The Rocky Horror (Picture) Show
10. The opening piano solo of which famous song was used in the theme tune to the 1973 horror film ‘The Exorcist’?
Tubular Bells – Mike Oldfield
To download the Halloween Music Quiz as a PDF question paper for contestants, please click on the link below: