Easter questions on an egg theme.
1. In which 2014 film does a character called Gary ‘Eggsy’ Unwin get recruited by a spy organisation, despite his being an unlikely candidate for the job?
Kingsman: The Secret Service
2. In which Beatles song will you find the lines “I am the egg man, they are the egg men”?
I Am the Walrus
3. Before they were renamed with the ‘Cadbury’ branding in 1971, under which name had ‘creme eggs’ been available previously?
Fry’s Creme Eggs
4. Which bird lays the largest eggs?
5. In which year did Edwina Currie provoke outrage by suggesting that most of Britain’s eggs were infected by salmonella?
6. Who wrote a children’s book entitled ‘Green Eggs and Ham’?
7. Benjamin Franklin is quoted as saying “An egg today is better than a ___ tomorrow”. Can you fill in the blank?
8. Virtually all Fabergé eggs were manufactured under the supervision of the famous Russian jeweller who gave them their name, but what was his full name?
Peter Carl Fabergé (But he was also known as Karl Gustavovich Fabergé)
9. Which comedic rap group from Newport, Wales has a rapper known as ‘Eggsy’?
Goldie Lookin Chain
10. According to Guinness World Records, how tall (in metres) was the tallest chocolate Easter egg ever made?
10.39 metres (Accept answers between 10 and 11, or whatever you deem reasonable)