1. What is the two-word name given to the Spanish ‘holy week’, which takes place during the last week of Lent?
2. ‘Śmigus-dyngus’ (Wet Monday) is a celebration which takes place on Easter Monday where boys try to soak girls with water. Girls also do the same to boys on Easter Tuesday. In which country does it take place?
Poland (and also Ukraine)
3. Easter Island forms part of which South American country?
4. ‘La Mona de Pascua’ is a festive Easter dish popular in Spain, but what type of food is it?
A type of cake
5. Which annual event for children and their parents is held on the White House’s South Lawn every Easter Monday?
The Easter Egg Roll
6. In which country is ‘Capirotada’, a traditional food which resembles bread pudding, eaten on Good Friday?
7. ‘Påskeøl’ is a Danish beverage consumed at Easter. What is it?
8. The New York Easter Parade takes place on which famous street?
9. According to French tradition, which items are said to fly away to Rome and bring Easter eggs back to the children on their return?
10. In which British overseas territory is Good Friday kite-flying a famous tradition?
To download the ‘Easter Around the World’ quiz as a contestant question paper, please click on the link below: