Christmas Around the World – Ten questions on how Christmas is celebrated in different countries.
1. How would a French person wish you a Merry Christmas?
2. ‘O Tannenbaum’ is a German Christmas carol – what is it in English?
O Christmas Tree
3. In 1841, Prince Albert brought a Christmas tree over to England and displayed it in Windsor Castle – Which country did it come from?
4. What is New Year’s Eve called in Scotland?
5. The poinsettia plant originally came from which country?
6. Which country traditionally gives London the Christmas tree for Trafalgar Square each year?
7. What is the name of the container, mostly associated with Mexico and made of papier-mâché or cloth,which children then break to release the gifts?
8. Christmas Island belongs to which country?
9. Which city is generally considered to be the birthplace of Jesus?
10. In which country would you be if you were wished a ‘Prettig Kerstfeest’ instead of a ‘Merry Christmas’?
To download a ‘Christmas Around the World’ contestant quiz sheet, with questions only plus spaces for answers, please click on the link below: