1. Which song was Christmas number one in the UK in 2014?
Something I Need – Ben Haenow
2. Which King of England was the first to broadcast a Christmas message to the nation?
George V (in 1932)
3. In ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens, which of the ghosts does not speak to Ebenezer Scrooge?
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
4. In which fictional land was it ‘always winter but never Christmas’?
5. The names of how many reindeer are listed in ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ by Clement Clarke Moore?
8 (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner/Donder and Blitzen)
6. The first what was commissioned by Sir Henry Cole and designed by John Callcott Horsley in 1843?
7. In which country was the carol ‘Silent Night’ written?
8. Which actress played the young ‘Cindy Lou Who’ in the year 2000 film ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’?
9. What is Father Christmas called in France?
10. What is the full name of the character played by Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone?
To download the Christmas Pub Quiz questions as a contestant question paper, please click on the grey box below.