Christmas Quiz – General Knowledge quiz linked to Christmas.
1. In which year was the first televised Queen’s Christmas speech?
2. Which song was number one in the UK singles chart at Christmas 2013?
Skyscraper – Sam Bailey
3. What was the name of the 2012 animated film sequel to ‘The Snowman’?
The Snowman and the Snowdog
4. At which of the Queen’s residences does she traditionally spend Christmas Day?
5. Which famous BBC sitcom aired a 40th Anniversary Special in December 2013?
Open All Hours (Entitled ‘Still Open All Hours’)
6. In Sweden, a commonly seen Christmas symbol is the ‘Julbuuk’ – which animal is it?
Goat (Yule Goat)
7. Who is the main enemy in ‘the Nutcracker’?
The King of the Mice/ Mouse King
8. Which song gave ‘The Darkness’ a Christmas number 2 hit in 2003? (Full title with brackets please!)
Christmas time (Don’t Let the Bells End)
9. What was the name of Ebenezer Scrooge’s deceased business partner?
10. Which of the following events DID NOT occur on Christmas Day:
A – William the Conqueror was crowned King of England
B – Hirohito became Emperor of Japan
C – Louis XVI was crowned King of France
C (William was crowned 25th December 1066, Hirohito assumed the throne on 25th December 1926 following his father’s death, Louis XVI was crowned 11th June 1775)
To download the Christmas Quiz as contestant question paper, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below: