Christmas Food Quiz – How well do you know your Christmas food?
1. Visions of which sweet foodstuff danced in children’s heads as they slept, according to Clement Clarke Moore’s poem ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas?
2. In Oaxaca City, Mexico, ‘Noche de rábanos’ is celebrated every 23rd December. Which food gives this festival its name?
Radish (Night of the Radishes – Mexican craftsmen create carvings from root vegetables)
3. Approximately how many turkeys were purchased at Christmas 2013 in the UK; 1 million, 10 million or 20 million?
4. What is a ‘Bûche de Noël’, commonly eaten in France at Christmas?
Yule Log (cake/chocolate log or similar acceptable)
5. On which ‘feast’ did Good King Wenceslas step out, according to the well-known hymn?
Feast of Stephen (St. Stephen’s Day/26th December in UK)
6. What would you be drinking if you had ‘Glühwein’?
7. Which type of sweet bread loaf, which originated in Milan, is traditionally eaten at Christmas in Italy and many other European countries?
8. Which Christmas food is it considered good luck to eat one of on each of the 12 days of Christmas?
9. As the clock chimes midnight to ring in the New Year, a Spanish tradition involves eating twelve of what – one for each chime?
10. Which type of tree was the partridge sitting in, according to a well-known Christmas song?
To download the Christmas Food Quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with questions only and space for contestant answers, please click on the link below: