Valentines Quiz – General Knowledge quiz questions with a Valentine’s Day theme.
1. Who had a 1978 hit with ‘Love Is In The Air’?
John Paul Young
2. Who was the Greek goddess of love?
3. In which US city did the 1929 Saint Valentine’s Day massacre take place?
4. ‘My Funny Valentine’ is a show tune from which Richard Rogers and Lorenz Hart musical?
Babes in Arms
5. Which sign of the zodiac is someone born on Valentine’s Day?
6. Who, collectively, are Valentine and Proteus?
The Two Gentlemen of Verona (William Shakespeare)
7. Which British band had a 1988 hit with a single entitled ‘Valentine’?
8. Which famous explorer was killed in a fight with natives of Hawaii on 14th February 1779?
9. Which 1950s English pop singer had hits with ‘Finger of Suspicion’ and ‘Christmas Alphabet’?
10. According to Guinness World Records, Paul Fremeau and Alina Evans hold the record for the most kisses in one minute by a pair. How many kisses did they achieve?
258 (Accept answers within 10)
To download the Valentines quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: