1. In which year was Korea divided into North Korea and South Korea?
2. Who was the wife of King George V?
Mary (of Teck)
3. In which war was the Battle of Shiloh fought?
American Civil War
4. The British Women’s Institute was founded, photos were required in UK passports for the first time and the British nurse Edith Cavell was executed by German firing squad – All of these events happened in which year of the 20th century?
5. In which year did Abraham Lincoln deliver the Gettysburg Address?
6. In which century did Richard the Lionheart rule England?
12th century (1189-1199)
7. Which two of Henry VIII’s wives were executed?
Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard
8. Who is the only Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to have been assassinated?
9. Whose famous last words in 1999 reportedly were, “I finally get to see Marilyn”?
10. Vietnam claimed independence from which country in 1945?