1. Which Olympic first occurred at the 1900 Summer Olympic Games held in Paris?
Women took part in the Olympics for the first time.
2. Who was the first recorded person to swim the English Channel without the use of artificial aids?
Captain Matthew Webb
3. Who was the first billion-dollar author, earning one billion US dollars (or their currency equivalent) from their books and related merchandise?
4. Who was the first female to complete a solo transatlantic flight, journeying from Newfoundland to Ireland in 1932?
5. Which famous first was achieved by Trygve Lie of Norway in 1946?
He became the first Secretary-General of the United Nations
6. Who became the first female Prime Minister of Pakistan in 1988 and hence the first female Prime Minister of a Muslim country?
7. Which famous first was achieved by Charles Elwood “Chuck” Yeager, retired brigadier general of the United States Air Force, in 1947?
First pilot to exceed the speed of sound
8. Which UK girl band launched the new UK Channel 5 at 6pm on March 30th 1997?
9. What was Cliff Richard’s first UK number one single?
10. Who was the first African American US Secretary of State?