Ten events from the year 2016 – You need to tell us in which month they occurred. No month will be repeated twice and two months will of course be omitted.
1. Donald Trump became President Elect of the United States.
2. David Bowie died from liver cancer.
3. UK astronaut Tim Peake returned to Earth after a six-month stay on the International Space Station.
4. Kumbuku the gorilla briefly escaped from its enclosure in London Zoo and was recaptured within two hours.
5. The Queen celebrated her 90th birthday.
6.Three coordinated bombings in Brussels killed 35 people, including the suicide bombers, and injured over 300 others.
7. Comedian, writer and actress Caroline Aherne passed away at her home in Timperley.
8. The Summer Olympic Games were held at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
9. Leicester City won the Premier League for the first time in history.
10. ‘The Great British Bake Off’ bosses signed a contract to broadcast the show on Channel 4 in 2017.
To download the Year 2016 quiz as a PDF contestant question paper please click on the link below: