1. For what purpose is annatto used in cooking?
Food colouring (Orange-red colouring and it is also occasionally used as flavouring. It is derived from the seeds of the achiote tree and is what gives Red Leicester cheese its colour )
2. A ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ is a term used for a wine bottle equivalent to how many standard 750ml bottles?
3. ‘Early Purple Sprouting’ and ‘Calabrese’ are varieties of which vegetable?
4. From which country does Kingfisher Beer originate?
5. An oven temperature off 200 degrees Celsius would be equivalent to which Gas Mark?
6. What are ‘devils on horseback’?
Dates or prunes wrapped in bacon
7. Which food chain uses the slogan ‘Eat Fresh’?
8. How would you best translate ‘vol-au-vent’ into English?
It is the French for ‘windblown’ although it literally means ‘flight in the wind’, due to its lightness.
9. Which beef dish gained its name from a Russian diplomat born in 1772?
10. Which Cadbury’s chocolate bar is shaped like a frog?