1. Who were Blinky, Inky, Pinky and Clyde?
The ghosts in Pac-Man
2. How many leap years were there in the 80s?
3 (1980, 1984 and 1988)
3. On December 21st 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was blown up over the village of Lockerbie, Scotland. It was en route from London Heathrow to where?
John F. Kennedy Airport, New York
4. Which country gained its independence from the United Kingdom in 1982?
Canada (also Antigua and Barbuda)
5. Which American rock band had a huge hit with ‘Eye of the Tiger’ in 1982?
6. Who played Tinker Dill, Lovejoy’s long-time friend?
7. Which British figure skater won a gold medal at the 1980 Winter Olympic Games at Lake Placid, New York?
8. In which year was the first BBC Red Nose Day?
9. Who had a number one hit in the UK in 1989 with ‘Belfast Child’?
10. In which year did the UK miner’s strike begin?
To download the 80s pub quiz as a question paper for contestants, please click on the grey box below: