1. Who wrote the children’s book ‘The Boy in Striped Pyjamas’?
2. Which Indian city was formerly known as Madras until 1996?
3. Who was the first official holder of the title of Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom?
John Dryden (Ben Johnson and Sir William D’Avenant were previous unofficial holders – accept these answers if you wish)
4. Who was President of France from June 1969 until his death in office in 1974?
5. ‘Dienstag’ is the German word for which day of the week?
6. In poker terms, what does MTT stand for?
Multi Table Tournament
7. In which country will the 2018 FIFA World Cup be held?
8. Who was the patron saint of animals?
St. Francis of Assisi
9. On which day of the year is the King George VI Chase normally run at Kempton Park?
10. Which member of the royal family was born on the 15th of September 1984?