1.Who captained Europe in the 2014 Ryder Cup?
2. In which year were football World Cup matches first televised?
3. In which sport was Sir Henry Segrave a renowned name?
Motor Racing (also held land and water speed records simultaneously)
4. In which city will you find Recreation Ground rugby stadium, commonly known as ‘the Rec’?
5. Who succeeded Sven Göran Eriksson as England football manager in 2006?
6. Which international rugby team are commonly known as the ‘Springboks’?
7. How many hoops are required according to the official rules of garden croquet?
8. How many players are there on an American football team?
9. In which year did Sir Roger Bannister run the first sub-four-minute mile?
10. What does BMX stand for?
To download the Sport pub quiz questions as a PDF question paper for contestants, please click on the grey box below. This will allow contestants to answer the quiz without the need for a Quiz Master to read the questions aloud.