1. Henry VII was born in which Welsh castle?
2. The Battle of Marston Moor took place during which conflict?
The English Civil War
3. The last confirmed sighting of which bird species occurred in 1844, when two birds were shot off the coast of Iceland and the species was then declared extinct?
4. Which Emperor ruled Rome at the beginning of year 1 AD?
5. In which year was Marie Antoinette executed by guillotine?
6. From which country did Algeria gain its independence in 1962?
7. In which year did American athlete Jesse Owens win four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics?
8. Which famous sea captain and politician was born in Tavistock, Devon in around 1540?
Sir Francis Drake
9. Who was the longest-reigning Tudor monarch?
10. Which is the oldest university in England?