1. Of which Mediterranean island is Palermo the capital?
2. In which country does the cycle race of ‘La Vuelta’ primarily take place?
3. How many countries have land borders with China?
14 – India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Bhutan and Nepal.
4. Of which American state is Annapolis the capital?
5. What is the largest freshwater lake (by volume) in the world and is located in southern Siberia?
6. Between which two countries is the Tasman Sea located?
Australia and New Zealand
7. Which two colours can be found on the Ukrainian flag?
Blue and gold/yellow (two horizontal stripes)
8. Which island is sometimes referred to as the ‘Emerald Isle’?
9. Which is the world’s largest ocean?
10. To which country does the internet domain extension .mx belong?
To download the ‘World’ quiz as a PDF question paper for contestants, please click on the grey box below?