1. From which country does feta cheese originate?
2. What type of fish is smoked to make a kipper?
3. In which decade was sliced bread first sold in the UK?
4. Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a wine produced in which French region?
5. Injera is a National dish in Ethiopia and Eritrea – what type of food is it?
6. What is distinctive about the meat or fish served in ‘Carpaccio’?
It is raw
7. What distinctive flavour does a ‘Bigarade’ sauce have?
Bitter orange (often served with duck)
8. Which type of pasta shape literally translates as ‘little ears’?
9. Name two Marx Brothers films that had food in their titles?
Two of – ‘Duck Soup’, ‘The Cocoanuts’ and ‘Animal Crackers’ (I would not accept Horse Feathers or Monkey Business as they are not usually eaten!!)
10. Which English film director and producer wrote a slimming book entitled ‘The Fat Pig Diet’?