1. Which is the oldest public museum in Great Britain?
2. Which two items are held by the Statue of Liberty?
A torch and a tablet (on which is inscribed July IV MDCCLXXVI)
3. Which of Henry VIII’s wives was older than him?
Catherine of Aragon
4. Who won the Wimbledon ladies single title in 1988, ending Navratilova’s reign after 6 consecutive wins?
5. What is the capital of the Shetland Islands?
6. ‘Bein’ is the German word for which part of the body?
7. Which book of the Bible comes straight after the Pentateuch?
Joshua (‘Pentateuch’ is the collective term for the first 5 books, therefore we are looking for the sixth)
8. What star sign is someone born on St. George’s Day?
Taurus (April 23rd)
9. How many inches are there in a fathom?
72 inches (a fathom is six feet)
10. In which year was the United Nations established?