Quite simply true or false.
1. Sir Paul McCartney’s middle name is James
False – James is his first name, his middle name is actually Paul
2. Jupiter is the fifth planet from the sun.
3. Gillian Anderson was born in Chicago, Illinois.
4. Lithium has the atomic number 17.
False – it is number 3
5. The Guinness World Record for most fingers and toes at birth is held by an Indian man born with 14 fingers and 20 toes in total.
6. The oldest building in the world is the Pyramid of Djoser in Egypt.
False – the oldest building is thought to be the Cairn of Barnenez, a Neolithic monument in Brittany, France. Many others are older than the pyramids.
7. Engelbert Humperdinck was born in 1928.
False – he was born in 1936
8. Sir Steve Redgrave is the only rower to have received the award of BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
9. Hotmail was launched in 1996.
10. From the ground to the torch, the Statue of Liberty is 93 metres high.