1. From which plant is tapioca obtained?
2. What shape is ‘conchiglie’ pasta?
3. In the UK we call it coriander- what do they call it in the U.S.?
4. In which year was Marmite launched?
1902 (accept answers within 2 years)
5. ‘Challah’ is consumed on the Jewish Sabbath – what type of foodstuff is it?
6. Bourbon whiskey is made primarily from which grain?
7. Which type of fish is used in a traditional Cullen skink recipe?
8. Which vegetable is often also called ‘ladies’ fingers’?
9. Which ‘glorious’ date is the start of the shooting season for Red Grouse?
12th August (Known as the ‘glorious twelfth)
10. What is ‘Black Forest Gateau’ called in its native German?