1. From which country does Manchego cheese originate?
2. Which Chinese delicacy involves preserving eggs for up to several months, turning the yolk grey/green and the white a brown colour?
Century eggs (can also sometimes be known as pidan, preserved egg, hundred-year egg, thousand-year egg or even millennium egg!)
3. ‘Death in the Afternoon’ is a cocktail of absinthe and champagne which was invented by which famous author and journalist?
4. What are ‘chitterlings’?
Intestines (usually the small intestines of a pig)
5. In cookery terms, what is a ‘liaison’?
A sauce thickening agent
6. How many gallons are there in a firkin of ale?
7. What is contained in a dish described as ‘à la dubarry’?
8. ‘Amontillado’ is a type of what?
9. Which fruit is indigenous to Africa but was also imported to Jamaica and is now its national fruit?
10. From which plant is saffron obtained?