1. ‘Charentais’, ‘Cantaloupe’ and ‘Santa Claus’ are all types of which fruit?
2. What type of foodstuff is ‘mascarpone’?
3. Which type of fruit is a hybrid of three other fruits; grapefruit, orange and tangerine?
4. Which two ingredients would you mix together to make a ‘roux’?
Flour and butter/fat
5. Which two ingredients would you expect to find in a ‘Black Russian’ cocktail?
Vodka and coffee Liqueur (Kahlúa)
6. What is added to gin to make ‘pink gin’?
7. Which vegetable is sometimes referred to as ‘ladies’ fingers’?
8. Which four herbs are mentioned in the Simon and Garfunkel song ‘Scarborough Fair’?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
9. In which book would you find the ‘pan galactic gargle blaster’ cocktail mentioned?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
10. There are over thirty thousand McDonald restaurants in the world – true or false?
True (34,492 at end of 2012 – source link here)