1. What is fifteen squared?
2. What is the next number in the sequence; 1, 3, 7, 15, 31,…?
63 (each number is double the last number plus one)
3. Which year in Roman numerals was ‘MCMLIX’?
4. What is the median of the following group of numbers; 2, 22, 50 and 59?
36 (the middle number once the terms are placed in numerical order. When two numbers lie equally in the middle, the number halfway between the two is the median)
5. I only work 2 days a week and on Wednesday I earn £50 less than Thursday. If I earn £600 overall, how much do I earn on Thursday?
6. How many degrees are there in two and a half right angles?
7. What is the volume of a cube with side length of 3cm?
8. What is the name for an angle which is greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees?
9. What number is two fifths of 75?
10. What is seven-eighths as a percentage?