1. What is the name for the Islamic holy month?
2. What is name for the Buddhist term used to describe the state of being free from all suffering, the aim of all Buddhists?
3. Brahma, Ganesha and Vishnu are Gods and Goddesses from which religion?
4. Name 5 of the ten commandments.
Any five of the following, in any wording:
1. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.
2. Thous shalt not make unto thee any graven image (or idol).
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
5. Honour thy Father and thy Mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Though shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet.
5. In which modern-day country was Mother Teresa born?
Republic of Macedonia (She was born in Skopje, which at the time part of the Ottoman Empire – many sources state that she was Albanian – she was born to an Albanian mother, but Skopje is now part of Macedonia)
6. What religion is the Dalai Lama?
7. Candomblé is a religion with African origins, which is predominantly followed in which country?
8. The faith of Shintoism is mostly associated with which country?
9. The ‘Harmandir Sahib’ is a religious building which is one of the holiest sites of which religion?
Sikhism (translates as ‘Golden Temple’)
10. ‘The Watchtower’ is a magazine for members of which religious group?