1. Name three countries which share a border with Iran.
Any three of – Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Armenia and Iraq
2. How was Zimbabwe formerly known, before it gained independence from Great Britain in 1980?
Rhodesia or Southern Rhodesia
3. The river Po flows through which country?
4. What would you be at in France if you had reached a ‘péage’?
A toll/toll booth
5. ‘DFW’ is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) code for which US airport?
Dallas Fort Worth
6. Which of the following London landmarks is the tallest; St Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey or Big Ben?
St Paul’s Cathedral (at 111 metres – Westminster Abbey is 69 metres and Big Ben is 96 metres)
7. What is the capital of Saudi Arabia?
8. What is the name of the currency of Turkey?
9.Which is the most northerly of the Spanish ‘Costas’?
10. Which city has the largest underground rail network, comprising the most stations and longest track?