To download a quiz sheet, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below.
Otherwise please scroll down to continue to the questions and answers.
1. Before 2012, in what year did Britain last host the Summer Olympics?
2. Which National football team does Chelsea star Fernando Torres play for?
3. In which sport would you find the terms madhouse, bed and leg?
4. Who won the Wimbledon Men’s single’s championship every year between 1976 and 1980?
5. In which Olympic event did Britain’s Denise Lewis compete?
6. Which football team plays at the Stadium of Light?
7. Who won BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2010?
Jockey – A.P. Macoy
8. The nickname Whirlwind was given to which British snooker player?
9. Which F1 driver was killed when he crashed into a barrier in the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix?
10. Which English County Cricket Club did Freddie Flintoff play for?