1. To which continent are the Masai people native?
2. Who wrote the original novel of ‘One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest’?
3. Which singer was born Stuart Leslie Goddard?
4. Who won the Wimbledon men’s singles final in 2011?
5. What does the ‘F’ stand for in John F. Kennedy?
6. Name four people who have starred on the team of the BBCs super-quizzer ‘Eggheads’ (First names only will do!)
4 of; Kevin Ashman, Daphne Fowler, Chris Hughes, Judith Keppel, Barry Simmons, Pat Gibson, CJ De Mooi, Dave Rainford, Lisa Thiel
7. What are homophones?
A word that is pronounced the same as another but has a different meaning; e.g. ‘ail’ and ‘ale’ or ‘ark’ and ‘arc’.
8. The French word ‘croissant’, when translated into English, means what?
Crescent (owing to its shape)
9. What is the hole in the front of a violin called, of which there are two, one either side of the strings?
F-hole (also owing to its shape)
10. Which vegetable do the Chinese call a ‘mad apple’, from a belief that it causes insanity?