1. As far as has ever been reported, no-one has ever seen an ostrich bury its head in the sand.
2. Approximately one quarter of human bones are in the feet.
True – 52 bones in the feet and 206 in the whole body.
3. Popeye’s nephews were called Peepeye, Poopeye, Pipeye and Pupeye.
4. In ancient Rome, a special room called a vomitorium was available for diners to purge food in during meals.
False – It was the name for the entranceway to a stadium, nothing more.
5. The average person will shed 10 pounds of skin during their lifetime.
False – they will shed approximately 40.
6. Sneezes regularly exceed 100 m.p.h.
7. A slug’s blood is green.
8. The Great Wall Of China is visible from the moon.
False – at a low orbit the Great Wall is visible, but no man-made structure is visible from outer space or the moon.
9. Virtually all Las Vegas gambling casinos ensure that they have no clocks.
10. The total surface area of two human lungs have a surface area of approximately 70 square metres.