1. Who was the first American president to live in the White House?
2. Correctly spell ‘diarrhoea’.
Diarrhoea (useful mnemonic – ‘dashing in a rush, running hard, or else accident’!)
For the US it is spelled ‘diarrhea’
3. To what type of animal does the adjective ‘galline’ refer?
4. Which car manufacturer produces the ‘Grand Vitara’?
5. Which gangster was nicknamed ‘scarface’?
6. Who has hosted the Oscars the most times?
7. On which racecourse in the Grand National run?
8. Which famous album cover depicts a naked baby swimming in pursuit of a dollar note?
‘Nevermind’ by Nirvana
9. In which year was the Magna Carta issued?
10. What is an ‘Ouroboros’? (pronounced ‘or-rob-or-ose’)
A symbol depicting a dragon or serpent eating its own tail