1. What is the highest possible hand in a game of poker?
A Royal Flush (10, J, Q, K, A)
2. Who wrote the cautionary poem, ‘Matilda who told lies and was burned to death’?
3. A car with the international license plate code of IL comes from which country?
4. According to the proverb, when should you not change your horses?
Midstream (Don’t change horses in midstream)
5. Name all six characters who represent the players in an original game of ‘Cluedo’.
Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, Mrs White, Reverend Green, Mrs Peacock, Professor Plum
6. What is the current cost of a standard UK colour television license?
£147 (Correct as of 22/01/18 – If you are using the questions a long time after publication I suggest verifying this answer using this link http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/tv-licence-types-and-costs-top2 )
7. Who was manager of the England football team at the time of their 1966 World Cup victory?
8. In which year was Concorde first flown?
9. How many players are there on a curling team?
10. According to the McDonalds nutrition calculator, how many calories are there in one of their cheeseburgers: 200, 300 or 400 kcal?
300 kcal (https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/good-to-know/nutrition-calculator.html) (Correct as of 22/01/18 – I am aware that recipes change over time so again, if you are using this quiz a while after publication I would recommend verifying this)