1. A ‘cama’ is a hybrid which is a cross between which two other animals?
Camel and llama
2. Chinstrap and Humboldt are species of which type of bird?
3. Which colour does litmus paper turn with a neutral reading of pH7?
Purple (The paper comes in both red and blue – Neutral will always be purple. Universal indicator paper is different – this turns green in a neutral solution)
4. Which is the longest river in Europe?
5. The phenomenon of light changing direction when it passes through another medium is known as what?
6. Which element has the atomic number 1?
7. Zero degrees Celsius is equal to what reading on the Fahrenheit scale?
8. Which is the longest bone in the human body?
9. What word beginning with ‘A’ is the name for tiny air sacks which sit in the lungs and are at the end of the respiratory tree?
Alveoli (singular: alveolus)
10. Is it true or false that dogs cannot see colour?
False – Contrary to popular belief dogs can see colour, but the variation in colour they can see is more limited than our own