1. Boudicca was queen of which historic tribe of eastern Britain?
Iceni (or Eceni)
2. D-Day and the Normandy landings took place on which date?
June 6th 1944
3. Which war was ended by the Treaty of Paris in 1783?
American revolutionary War
4. In which year did the United Nations officially come into existence?
5. Who succeeded Charles II as King of England after his death in 1685?
James II (of England and VII of Scotland)
6. What was the first name of the doctor who invented the Heimlich manoeuvre?
7. Who was the first British monarch to visit India?
George V (1911)
8. In which century did Joan of Arc live?
15th Century (Lived from 1412 until 1431)
9. Which battle was the final confrontation in the Jacobite rising of 1745?
Battle of Culloden
10. Aquae Sulis was the Roman name for which English city?