1. Bakelite, the world’s first fully synthetic plastic, was patented in which decade?
1900s (Patent was filed in 1907 and granted in 1909)
2. What is the name of the order of insects that includes butterflies and moths?
3. How many discs are there in a human spine: 13, 23 or 33?
4. Which planet in our solar system has the most moons?
Jupiter (69 confirmed moons as of 2017)
5. What is the chemical symbol for the element mercury?
6. The adjective ‘hircine’ refers to which animal?
7. ‘Saki’ and ‘Patas’ are types of which animal?
8. Which two-word term is often used as a name for a biogas produced in wetland areas which consists predominantly of methane?
Marsh gas (‘Swamp gas’ or ‘bog gas’ equally acceptable)
9. If you suffered from ophidiophobia which animal would you be afraid of?
10. What is the standard unit of electrical resistance?