History Pub Quiz Questions and Answers
1. The ‘Gettysburg Address’ was delivered by Abraham Lincoln in 1863, but can you quote the first six words of this famous speech?
Four score and seven years ago…
2. Which of Henry VIII’s wives is buried alongside him in St. George’s chapel in Windsor Castle?
Jane Seymour (Henry was buried alongside her at his request)
3. Who became the first woman to sit as an MP in the House of Commons in 1919?
Nancy Astor (Viscountess Astor)
4. Who was the first leader of the Liberal Democrat party, having led the Liberal Party until it merged with the Social Democratic Party in 1988?
5. Who was President of the United States when Neil Armstrong first set foot upon the moon?
Richard Nixon (He famously made a telephone call to Armstrong and Aldrin)
6. Name five of the seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Five of: Colossus of Rhodes, Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Lighthouse of Alexandria, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, Statue of Zeus at Olympia and the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
7. According to the book of Genesis, Adam and Eve had a number of children, but only three are named. What were the names of these three?
Cain, Abel and Seth
8. The Battle of Goose Green was fought during which war?
The Falklands War
9. Which South American country declared independence from Portugal on September 7th 1822?
10. Which English monarch was the father of Richard I?
To download the History Pub Quiz questions as a PDF contestant question paper, with questions only plus spaces for contestant answers, please click on the link below: