History Pub Quiz Questions
1. Who was the first person to complete a solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean?
Charles A. Lindbergh (1927)
2. Who was the first monarch of the House of Windsor?
George V (He was responsible for changing the name from the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor)
3. How many shillings were formerly equivalent to one crown?
4. Which American battle is sometimes referred to as ‘Custer’s Last Stand’?
Battle of the Little Bighorn
5. Which is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World to still be standing?
The Great Pyramid at Giza
6. ‘Eboracum’ was the Roman name for which English city?
7. In which year was Abraham Lincoln assassinated?
8. The ‘Estampie’ was a medieval form of what?
9. Who was the first President of India?
Rajendra Prased (Held the post from 1950 to 1962)
10. In which U.S. city did Martin Luther King Jr. deliver his famous ‘I Have A Dream’ speech in 1963?