1. Of what is myology the study?
The muscular system/muscles
2. How many of the eight planets in our solar system have moons?
6 (only Mercury and Venus have no moons)
3. Which element comes second in the periodic table and therefore has the atomic number 2?
4. What is the most abundant element in the Earth’s crust (by mass)?
Oxygen (46.6% followed by silicon (27.7%), aluminium (8.1%) and iron (5%))
5. Which scientific instrument is used to measure atmospheric pressure?
6. Vitamin B2 is more commonly known by which name?
7. Which part of a flower produces pollen?
Stamen (anther more specifically)
8. How many hearts does an octopus have?
9. ‘Bellis perennis’ is the scientific name for which flower commonly found in the wild in Britain?
10. In terms of height, which is the world’s largest dog breed?