1. Einstein’s theory of relativity can be written as E=mc2. What does the ‘E’ stand for?
Energy (of a physical system)
2. Was President Richard Nixon a Democrat or a Republican?
3. Which child actor played the eldest son, Jake Brockman, in TV sitcom ‘Outnumbered’?
4. In which year did the International Astronomical Union downgrade the status of Pluto from planet to ‘dwarf planet’?
5. In which James Bond film did singer Grace Jones appear as a character called ‘May Day’?
A View to a Kill
6. According to the proverb, of what is discretion the better part?
7. In which year did women achieve equal voting rights to men in the UK?
1928 (The Equal Franchise Act – All over the age of 21 could vote. The Representation of the People Act in 1918 only allowed women over 30 who met certain criteria the right to vote)
8. Three-time Formula One World Champion Ayrton Senna died in 1994 after crashing into a barrier while he was leading in the Grand Prix where?
9.Who was the oldest member of Spice Girls?
10. Which vessels carry oxygenated blood away from the heart, veins or arteries?